Founded in 1982 by Ralph Nader, Essential Information is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization. We are involved in a variety of projects to encourage citizens to become active and engaged in their communities. We provide provocative information to the public on important topics neglected by the mass media and policy makers.
Essential Information has published the Multinational Monitor Magazine, books and reports, sponsored investigative journalism conferences, provided writers with grants to pursue investigations and operated clearing houses which disseminate information to grassroots organizations in the United States and throughout the world.
Republic Report is dedicated to rooting out the corruption that is so corrosive to American values. We investigate and uncover the buying and selling of politicians and of institutions entrusted with upholding the public interest. We expose how big money distorts major policy decisions – harming our economy and our people.
- Why Is Delta Air Lines Steering Its Employees to Predatory Ashford University?
- For-Profit College Where Top DeVos Aide Worked Is Paying $30 Million to Settle FTC Deception Probe
- House Committee Will Question DeVos Aides Over Dream Center Deceptions
- DeVos On Verge of Trashing Still More Protections Against Predatory Colleges
- Friday Night Massacre: DeVos Trashes Rule That Protected Students from Predatory Colleges