Founded in 1982 by Ralph Nader, Essential Information is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization. We are involved in a variety of projects to encourage citizens to become active and engaged in their communities. We provide provocative information to the public on important topics neglected by the mass media and policy makers.
Essential Information has published the Multinational Monitor Magazine, books and reports, sponsored investigative journalism conferences, provided writers with grants to pursue investigations and operated clearing houses which disseminate information to grassroots organizations in the United States and throughout the world.
Republic Report is dedicated to rooting out the corruption that is so corrosive to American values. We investigate and uncover the buying and selling of politicians and of institutions entrusted with upholding the public interest. We expose how big money distorts major policy decisions – harming our economy and our people.
- Florida Colleges Are Nation’s Worst on Nursing Exam Pass Rate
- Debt Relief for Defrauded Students Is Long Overdue – And So Is Accountability for Kaplan
- Biden Administration Must Act to Protect Americans From Chemical Disasters
- Bill in Congress Would Bar Americans From Reciting Our Own Laws
- College Head Arthur Keiser Settles Lawsuit With Mother, Who Claimed Fraud and Theft