Founded in 1982 by Ralph Nader, Essential Information is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization. We are involved in a variety of projects to encourage citizens to become active and engaged in their communities. We provide provocative information to the public on important topics neglected by the mass media and policy makers.
Essential Information has published the Multinational Monitor Magazine, books and reports, sponsored investigative journalism conferences, provided writers with grants to pursue investigations and operated clearing houses which disseminate information to grassroots organizations in the United States and throughout the world.
Republic Report is dedicated to rooting out the corruption that is so corrosive to American values. We investigate and uncover the buying and selling of politicians and of institutions entrusted with upholding the public interest. We expose how big money distorts major policy decisions – harming our economy and our people.
- She’s Not Going to Jail, But DeVos Needs To Act On Predatory College Collapses
- Juul Deploying Big Tobacco Playbook to Preempt Local Control
- Koch Puppet to Trump Henchman: Mike Pompeo’s Never Gonna Be President Now
- Our Republican Politicians Have Left America
- CFPB Probes, Rebukes Controversial College Operator CEHE